Thread: Question on Demarkation line

Home Port
    Madison Ct
    Images

Question on Demarkation line

The area in question is the Hammonasset River About two weeks ago the bunker were under the I 95 bridge.People came from all over to catch them.And they brought every imaginable device except gill nets.they had scoop nets with handles and cast nets. My question is the demarkation line Rte 1 or I 95 there because cast nets were being thrown.I was under the impresion past rte 1 cast nets could not be used.

It's i'msure the first bridge from the sound. Cast Nets are NOT allowed. I called DEP 2 weeks ago. and furthermore...you need a fresh water license. Am I correct on this Encon?

The Marine District is up to and including RT 1. No fishing license is required in that area. A license is required above RT 1. As the area from RT 1 south is considered Marine, then the Marine fishing regulations apply.

Here is the wording from the statute:

26-108-1. Inland waters and marine district defined:
    The following lines across streams flowing into Long Island Sound, Fisher's Island Sound, Little Narragansett Bay and tributaries thereof shall be known as the inland-marine demarcation lines above which lines such water shall be known as the "inland district" and below which lines such water shall be known as the "marine district":

Hammonassett River, Madison
    marine district--up to and including route 1
    inland district--all waters above

Thanks for clearing up those regs it's better to be "in the know"

Home Port
    Madison Ct
    Images
    Thank you En Con , Thats the way I thought it was .Just wanted to be sure.