Thread: DEVILED CRABS

Home Port
    SUNNY, ARIZONA
    Images

DEVILED CRABS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yummmmm!
    Here is another way to eat crabs if you aren't into steaming them.

DEVILED CRABS

2 cups crab meat

1 cup bread crumbs

1 tbsp. mixed mustard

1/2 tsp. salt (scant)

Cayenne pepper

1/4 cup heavy cream

Butter size of a walnut

Mix all ingredients and pack in shells. Cover with buttered crumbs and brown in hot oven. Crumbs and butter extra for covering. Serves 4.

Jim, I want you to try this. Instead of crab use bluefish. DONT SAY YUK! I gave Chaldo a recipe for crab cakes using bluefish. Take the blue fillets and cover both sides with old bay. Place them back in the fridge for 24 hours. Next day boil enough water to cover the fillets. Add 1/4 cup white vinegar and 1/4 cup old bay to the water, and 1 whole lemon 1/4'erd. Add the fillets when the water boils. Cook the fillets until they float. Strain them and pick all the white meat. Believe it or not it tastes just like crab meat. Let me know if ya try it. You will be very surprised. I make the crab cakes with the blue fillets all the time. People cant believe that there is bluefish in it. Chaldo if you read this send Jim that recipe for the crab cakes.
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    Interesting idea with the bluefish........hmmmmmmmm

74form you have to try it just like I said... I worked on this recipe for a long time..... It comes out perfect....Ask Chaldo for the crab cake recipe. Just dont give it out to too many people.....
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.