Thread: Branford Blackfish

Branford Blackfish

four of us left the dock at 630 sharp with . Bucket full of Hermit cRabs, we stopped on the way to the hump. drifted for some bass with no luck...but the target was Blackfish...so after a half a dozen drifts.....we anchored up let out 3 standard type rigs, and the one I used was a tiger colored lead head tipped with fish bites CRAB flavor. The action started quick and hot, with 7 fish coming over the side in the first 30 minutes..it stopped as fast as it turned on. managed topick a few more fish but we had to search....on at least 4-5 other rockpiles, none asgood as the first. Tally for a nice morning 11 fish total, 6 underage, and 1 fish 6lbs 2 at 7-1/2lbs one at 8 and the big one of the day tipping 11(the big one was caught on leadhead/Fish-Bites Crab flavor rig, The conditions were incredible, bright skies, calm seas....good friends.
    Since my camera is down, Waiting 4 some pics to be emailed,if he sends em soon, I'll post a few here.
    I wonder how these fish would have sized up in a torurnament

Nice Job Chuck.

The weather window for the next couple of days looks great.

Great fishing, glad to hear you had a great day out there.

I'll be looking for the Stripers tomorrow.

good luck
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Get out while you can.....it's the back stretch..

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    Good report chuck......I too was out Sunday.....what a FREAKING DAY!:cool:
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.