Thread: I will share my lobster post from Allcoast

I will share my lobster post from Allcoast

0, "Sharing my Bugging Experience with JSea w/pics"
    Mon Oct-02-06 08:51 PM by blackfish

My son and I were lucky to be invited/rewarded by John Collar (JSEA)to spend the day/evening hooping.

Plain and simple, John is very serious about his passion. My son and I both new we in for some excitement, and more then likely, a cooler full of bugs.....JOHN did not disappoint.

John is a Pitt bull....but he doesn't attack with out provocation or in defence of his territory that he WORKDS HARD for, and PREPARES for EARLY.

We dropped our hoops around 3 pm, and made our first pull at just about 7 pm.....10 legals, and twice as many shorts.

Second pull, 9 legals and a last 15-20 shorts....third pull we were at our limit, and at least another 10 shorts....

pulled three sets and were done with in an hour, hour 10 max!

My son had a great time, and did very well.

MAN...my son says its time for me to call BOSLEY!

He pulled at least a third of the nets.... I managed to tangle one net, and leave a knot in the rope, but other then that, for a newbie, i felt as I did well....but I am sure there is much room for improvement....

I learned a lot from John, and truly appreciated his time he gave to show my son and I a good time and provide some hoping instruction, and the bonus of sending us home with a cooler full of lobster.

I have no doubt that John is a guy who will tell you like it is, but his loyalty is solid to those who have earned it......definitely a guy who has your back.

Besides our awesome night of bugging....it was a experience I will always remember...Thanks John....Jack and I had a memorable time...hats off to you. It was a pleasure to finally meet you.

Hope Jack and I did not disappoint...

Mike

Final count for the night

1 hour of bugging
    limits for three
    1 calico bass released
    one horn shark released
    30-40 shorts
    one spider crab released

major fun

Blackfish (BBB)
    "Teach a kid to fish, and they will never forget you"
    from this to this
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Home Port
    SUNNY, ARIZONA
    Images
    awesome report.........the bugs are good eats....your son is all smiles ...wtg....i gave ya all a few recipes.........

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    Sweet! Gettin hungry already :cool:
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.