Thread: TOG Report 10-8 (late....) w/ PICS! L@@K

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images

Lobstah TOG Report 10-8 (late....) w/ PICS! L@@K

My father and I left Sunday AM early, and headed to look for some Pogies. Spent over an hour searching the harbor for them and they never showed. I made the call that we quit looking get going so we can get some bass fishing in before anchoring up for Togs for the good part of the tide.

So we tried trolling for a little while near where we were last week. However, the water was VERY VERY DIRTY! I couldn't keep the shit off the tubes to save my life, so after an hour of that crap, I said "F this let's go Toggin' now!"

We head out to one of our deepwater Toggin spots and drop the hook. Action was a little slower than last week in numbers, but we managed our legal limit of 6 fish from 16" to 23" along with plenty of shorts (RI shorts, but again would have been CT legals LOL). Didn't seem like many others did much of anything other than hammering bluefish. No blues for us, thankfully lol.

My friend Mike was out there also fishing near us on his Formula CC, so when he wrapped it up, he came over to grab a chew and offered to get some pics of the boat for us.:cool:

Home Port
    SUNNY, ARIZONA
    Images
    whos the fat guy in the white tee shirt???????........

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ARCTEKJim View Post
    whos the fat guy in the white tee shirt???????........
    The ripped/buff guy in the gray shirt? He's a STUD!:cool:

Home Port
    SUNNY, ARIZONA
    Images
    that better be the nbs hat ottytrain5:

nice boat ..... i forgot about the hats.....some one bring me one friday.

Home Port
    Clinton, CT
    Images
    Nice fish.
    How deep ? water temp. ?
    Curious as it's only year 2 for us on togs and we're trying to figure em out.

Home Port
    RI
    I was out that morning as well but I didn't see you. I was out of the slip at first light and in by 9:30.
    Wickford was loaded with pogies at first light. Up inside where I got them I was all alone. There were a few guys crusin the outer harbour looking for bait when I left. When I got back the whole place was loaded with guys looking for pogies. It must have been in the paper or something that they were there. They didn't look like they were having much luck.
    Anyway, I fished 'em in 30-50' of water and was rewarded with at least a dozen bass lightest was 12 lb. heaviest was 22 lb.
    Good morning...
    I have never been toggin. I have always concentraed on bass/blues/tunoids. All the talk on this board has peaked my interest. I think I may try it this weekend.
    Z
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Home Port
    Coastal New England
    Images
    Nice boat, nice fish. Now if only the crew was worth the picture.:monkey:

What did y'all do Eric, hire a photographer to show your Blackfishing prowess?
    "NO CACHE" 2002 Carolina Skiff 238 Semi-V w/Mercury 125 HP

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    Bob & Mag:

- between 47 and 60 feet deep (with the tidal/wind swing on the structure thru the day) and ~65-67 degrees on the gauge. (Don't remember exactly now).

Zac:

- the guy that got them in the Gill Nets got them early early too...then they must have disappeared. We got there at 6:30 which was earlier than last weekend. Nothing to be found by then, we had a couple friends working the harbor with us and even dragging hooks while moving around. Guess we missed them. Good job on the bass! I'm confident we would have gotten into them if we were able to get fresh pogies. I wasn't into wasting time trolling all morning when I really wanted to go Blackfishing. You'll enjoy it it, it is very challenging!

Brad:

I'll ignore the crew comment LOL!

My friend Mike was out there on his F233 CC and he offered to get some pics of the boat for my father so I threw him my camera.

nice report, great fish?
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.