Thread: 10/11 Neck rd launch Guilford

Home Port
    Madison Ct
    Images

10/11 Neck rd launch Guilford

We went out this morning at 6:30 .Tried dragging tubes & worms Nada .Headed out to bouy 3 west river to meet 3 foot waves and 10 -15 mph winds . What a job trying to anchor .We moved about ten times with no togs a biting .Ended up breaking an anchor when we had to motor off the hook.Hands were cold and wet with no fish. We got the royal SKUNK today . What a difference a day makes .While Im welding the anchor up I'm adding a ring to the back side for the other rope (trip line) Does anyone know how to hook that up I never did it before.Thanks

a tripline?

Home Port
    Madison Ct
    Images
    Yea a tripline I did'nt know what it was called .edited in above post

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    I don't have any anchors rigged like that (haven't needed to) but you basically attach your chain to the head of the anchor, run it along the shank, then use tie-wraps or some other means of "breakaway" to attach the chain to the end of the shank.

This way, the chain will stay in line with the shank under normal anchoring, but if you get hung up, it will break the ties on the shank end, and then you can pull directly on the anchor head to hopefully free it.

Home Port
    Madison Ct
    Images
    Thanks Full Moon and 74 for the help.I'll post some pics when I get it done.

Home Port
    Clinton, CT
    Images
    As described above.
    I just drilled a hole on the other end to attach the chain, then ran the chain up the shank and fastened with a single tie-wrap. Came in handy this week or would have lost my anchor and 15' chain.
    p.s. unlike me, it would be wise to have extra ty-wraps onboard. :rolleyes:

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob & Mag View Post
    As described above.
    I just drilled a hole on the other end to attach the chain, then ran the chain up the shank and fastened with a single tie-wrap. Came in handy this week or would have lost my anchor and 15' chain.
    p.s. unlike me, it would be wise to have extra ty-wraps onboard. :rolleyes:
    LOL good point!

I keep a bundle of tiewraps, HUGE to small, on board....make great emergency tools like hose clamps, etc :cool:

Home Port
    Madison Ct
    Images
    Yea I think I'm going to try the tie wrap one.The one with a bouy and another rope seems like a pile of notted rope:banghead: With all the rods and tackle we bring there's no room for us.
    Last edited by ChuckA; 10-16-2006 at 05:58 PM.