Thread: Housy

Housy

Well, the action is picking up even more. From the mouth of the river all the way to the damm. I took a few friends out a couple nites ago and we caught 20 blues and 5 stipers. Largest striper 35lbs on live bunker. Heading back out tonight to see if we can freeze our pallino's and catch a fat boy.:cool:

Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    35# is PLENTY respectable

I cant fish because of a bum arm so i take a few friends out on my boat and fish. BUT, I want to top the 40 mark in our crew. We have a bet with another crew at the marina. He pulled a 39lb'er the other day in the rain no less. I'll be takin off in 1/2 hour... Let ya know in the morning.
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by halfpoint69 View Post
    I cant fish because of a bum arm so i take a few friends out on my boat and fish. BUT, I want to top the 40 mark in our crew. We have a bet with another crew at the marina. He pulled a 39lb'er the other day in the rain no less. I'll be takin off in 1/2 hour... Let ya know in the morning.
    Dude, I know how you feel tho even if you can't personally fish.....

I got the SAME sense of satisfaction when someone on my boat hooked up as I would get if it were me

In fact, it felt even better seeing someone else experience the joy!

Still feels that way even on someone elses boat!

It's a team effort, no matter what anyone says :cool:

Home Port
    Madison Ct
    Images
    Nice going on the night fish.I think I'm going to hook up some lights and try it next week ,good luck tonight

leavingmydock at 415am...will post report

Home Port
    Branford Ct.
    The Housy has been hot all year. Nice to see some big Bass caught.

Home Port
    SUNNY, ARIZONA
    Images
    good job.....................jim

Here ya go. Hooked up with a ton of blues. As soon as the bait hit the water. I rigged a double hook. Top hook with a fresh bunker head and the bottom hook with a tail. I told my buddy cast it right against the marsh. It was like the movie jaws. The reel started to go click..........click.........click........click... .....then SSSSSCCCCCCCCCRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAMMMM MMMMMMM!!!!!! 50 yards later he bangs back, and a nice hook up. I put the floods on to watch where the fish was going to make sure he kept him away from the channel marker. 10 minutes later the fish rolls on top, and yep there she is a nice stiper. Here is the bummer of the whole thing. 8 feet off the boat and the line snaps. In between all the blues we had, that one striper ,and one other that was only 32 inches.
    All in all it was fun, but cold

Home Port
    Madison Ct
    Images
    Sounds like you had alot of fun & action.The blues probably chopped that line if they were that thick.