SUNNY, ARIZONA
    Images

A Great Site To See In The Canyons

WHOLEY CHIT

Home Port
    RI
    What is that? Squid???

HOLEY CRAP!!!
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Home Port
    Madison Ct
    Images
    Awesome pic .Its great to see all the bait this year

Boonebird
    thats a good sign but im sure with that many squid its hard to find a hungry fish.
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Home Port
    Key West

Hard to find a hungry fish.

Not so!

There are so many hungry fish below a bait ball like that, you can't miss.

Last year in Veach Canyon, I ran across the same thing. We had an acre of squid around the boat. They were corralled by porpoises from 0030 to 0230, then by pilot whales from 0230 until 0330, then by yellowfin tuna from 0330 until 0630.

We caught our fill of yellowfin, lost several, and took home 300#s of fresh squid. We also lost several large fish during the melee.

All you have to do is let your hook bait flutter below the top layer, and hang on!

Capt. Art
    Two-Can

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    300# of fresh squid....mmmmmmmm

That's a butt-load of Calamari and Baked Stuffed Squid Casserole!

Any of you guys go for squid? I used to do it when I was a kid off of old lyme. There was nothing like fresh squid !!!! STUFFED with crab meat sausage or Sausage and anchovie with cherry pepper.

Home Port
    Clinton, CT
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by halfpoint69 View Post
    Any of you guys go for squid? I used to do it when I was a kid off of old lyme.
    When we had our boat in Old Saybrook, we would frequently fluke fish over south of the brothers and found many squid there in the summer. Never fished for them though. Found some between Hammonassett(west end) and Faulkner Island this past summer.

Home Port
    www.atlanticoffshorelures.com
    Images
    excellent pic and advice captian. Many fish taken that way. just leave the line lose enough for the first run. Keeping it locked down can create equipment loss. again, nice report.

Armand
    "Fish are a gift from God, by way of a good Lure"
    www.atlanticoffshorelures.com