Thread: 400 swordfish attacked by shark

Home Port
    SUNNY, ARIZONA
    Images

400 swordfish attacked by shark

We went out just like any other night 2 days after the full moon at west palm got lines in the water around 8 and caught our first fish at 830. We figured we were in for a good night and we had no idea what was to come. we caught 3 rats before 1130 and we were 3 for 3. we tought about going home to sleep because we all had to work the next day. we decieded to stay for 30 more minutes. the second we got all the rods set up the baloon poped off the 200 foot bait i wound and we had him on. she went straight to the bottom and sat down there for 2 and a half hours with 35# of drag on. heading up current and offshore. 5 hours into the fight and a new angler on the reel she finally started comming up. I just got the windon on the reel and 50 feet to go the rod started bouncing up and down i said "something going on" with the 80w in full and pulling the line onto the reel she surfaced i said its a mother#@#@in shark! and then the captian said "NO its a billess sowrdfish!" and next thing i know a big glow came up from under neith and there was the shark 1200# mako that bit the bill and the lower face off the sword fish. we harpooned the fish and we couldnt fit the fish into the tuna door with his head in and the shark was biting the tail. it was a toug a war battle and we finally won the shark jumped almost into the boat soaking us with water. Finally after 5 and a half hours we landed the fish. we thought about catching the shark but we had no anglers left. we went home happy. weight in at 393 with loss of blood bill and half his face.
    we also caught a 196# pumpkin on saturday
    i dont know how to post pictures but heres the link to them

Boonebird
    where was that caught ct i hope.LOL
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Unhappy

I don't see a link???
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.